10 Social Media Do's for REALTORS
Using social media as a marketing tool can be an incredible way to promote your services and engage with your target audience. As an agent it's likely that you'd like to use social media as a marketing platform. Now the question is - how?
Prior to posting content it is important to think about what your audience would like to hear. It’s fair to assume they don’t just want to see posts about your current listings, although listings can be promoted in a tactful way. Next, consider which networks would most likely get your message in front of the right people. For instance, if you are not marketing to millennials, using Snapchat may not be best use of your time. Finally, ask yourself - what content and news do I like to see when I am browsing my networks? Build your social media strategy with this answer in mind because potential clients will probably enjoy similar content.
It is important to have the right audience, message, and plan in place when marketing on social media networks. In addition to steps mentioned above, here are 10 things you can do to boost your social media efforts as a real estate agent:
- Keep the text short and always use a picture.
- Ask engaging questions and respond to the answers you receive.
- Share stories and content from websites that are home owner based.
- Stay relevant and remain sensitive to cultural/ethical differences.
- Use the 80/20 rule - 80% social posts and 20% post about your services.
- Stay humanized by sharing personal and business related happenings.
- Make people laugh, everyone loves a good meme.
- Share, post, or tweet at least 1-4 times a week but not more than three times a day.
- Boost content if you have a business page, even just once a week for $5.
- Utilize the “Cover Photo” space to highlight that you are a real estate professional.