5 Helpful Tips for New Agents
There is a lot to learn in the real estate industry and it can be difficult to grasp everything when you are new to the business. Whether you are fresh out of college and looking to start your first career as an agent, or you are a seasoned professional looking for a career change - being a newbie is tough. Although the list of things to learn is a long one, here are five ideas you should definitely take note of when you're starting a career as a real estate professional.
- Find a mentor: Find a fellow agent within your brokerage who has a track record of success. Look to them as inspiration and ask them to guide you through your first 60 days if possible. Even the most successful Realtors started exactly where you are now, so use what they have learned to get ahead in your career.
- Set Goals: It can be overwhelming to start a new career and there is a lot of pressure to do well. Setting goals for yourself is a great way to ease the stress of the unknown. Set short and long term goals, and celebrate your progress along the way. Rewarding yourself is a great way to stay motivated and feel a sense of accomplishment on a regular basis.
- Watch online webinars: There are tons of webinars or expert interviews available online that will be very beneficial to your growth as a new agent. On any given day you can find webinars covering a wide range of topics from market trends, lead generation, Realtor safety, and everything in between. The best part of online webinars; you can watch them from the comfort of your home and most of them are relatively short, yet packed with helpful information.
- Take advantage of social media: Social media is a great way to get the word out about your new career and connect with other professionals. If you utilize even just one social media platform whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram, you will likely benefit from it almost immediately. For best practice, always make new accounts aside from your personal ones that are dedicated to your business, and post creative, relevant, engaging content to gain a strong following.
- Hold an open house for another agent: You've probably heard the saying, “Practice makes perfect," and there is so much truth behind this. Hosting an open house on behalf of another agent is a great way to get comfortable speaking with people face to face and conducting home tours. By doing this, you will be able to host a successful open house for your own clients.
A new venture can be tough and real estate is no exception. For additional support launching a successful real estate career consult your brokerage, continue your education, and bookmark our home page to see our latest business building tools! Good luck out there and here's to your success :).